Personal Lines


Your home is more than just a house. Not only is it likely to be your most valuable asset, it’s where you and your family live out the dreams of a lifetime. When your home is damaged or destroyed, or the contents that have taken a lifetime to acquire are stolen, you need your claim settled by an insurance company that understands this simple fact.

You want to make certain you have the top-of-the-line protection the right insurance policy can provide you. But insurance policies and companies vary widely and finding the right one can be confusing. Home Sale Insurance Agency will help you determine which of our companies best meets your needs and objectives, while providing the optimal combination of coverages, quality service, and competitive pricing.

Homeowners insurance covers damage from incidents such as fire, theft, and vandalism to your house, adjacent structures (like a garage or shed), and your personal belongings. It covers living expenses if your house becomes temporarily unusable, and provides liability protection in case you or a member of your household injures someone or damages their property.

It is important to note that all homeowner insurance policies are subject to specific exclusions and definitions. Homeowners policies do not include damage caused by flood waters. Most items have stated coverage limits for covered perils like theft or fire, and some items (such as jewelry) may need to be insured individually to provide protection.

Some of the specific features that may be included in your homeowners policy are:

  • Extended guaranteed replacement cost of the dwelling
  • Ordinance and Law coverage
  • Replacement cost of personal property/contents
  • Increased limits for valuable articles
  • Increased limits for backup of sewers and drains and sump-pump failure
  • Increased limits for loss of use
  • “All-risk” contents coverage (versus named perils)
  • “All-risk” dwelling coverage
  • Increased personal and excess liability limits


To properly protect yourself from the always present danger of huge awards for auto liability, it is imperative that you maintain the proper level of coverage for your particular situation. The writing of an auto insurance policy can be a complex task. At Home Sale, we represent a variety of carriers who provide excellent coverage and customer service at competitive rates.

Auto Insurance Coverage Areas

  • Bodily Injury to Others
  • Personal Injury Protection
  • Bodily Injury Caused by Uninsured or Underinsured Driver
  • Damage to Someone Else’s Property
  • Medical Payments
  • Collision
  • Comprehensive
  • Substitute Transportation
  • Towing & Labor

Excess Liability

At Home Sale, we work with our clients to determine the amount of personal liability coverage that will provide adequate protection in the event you or a family member is found legally liable for personal or automobile injury.

Lawsuits are common today and judgments can be substantial. As you acquire more assets, the more vulnerable you are to a lawsuit. Legal costs to defend a suit may not be completely covered by basic insurance. Additional coverage through personal excess liability insurance can protect you from a financially disastrous incident, as well as provide peace of mind.

Important considerations when thinking about purchasing an excess liability policy are:


  • Do you own an investment property that you rent?
  • Do you own a second home?
  • Do you own/rent any automobiles, aircraft, watercraft, all-terrain vehicles or motorcycles?
  • Do you have any inexperienced drivers in your household?
  • Do you have a pool; does it have a slide or diving board?
  • Do you have any pets?
  • Do you volunteer on any non-profit, association or community condominium board?


Flood damage due to heavy rains, rising rivers or tidal surges is a potential cause of significant loss. Homeowners insurance policies do not provide coverage for damaged caused by flooding.
Home Sale represents several companies that administer policies under the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). We can also arrange Excess Flood coverage for higher-value properties.
Flood insurance covers damage caused by the rising or overflowing of bodies of water. Flood Insurance under the NFIP is guaranteed by the U.S. Government and offered and administered by many insurance companies, all of whom use the same criteria and rating systems to determine and establish premiums. The NFIP has specific upper limits of coverage, hence the need for other insurance carriers to provide Excess Flood coverage for properties exceeding those limits.
If your new home is located in an area that has been determined by the federal government to be in a Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA), and the property is financed by a mortgage, your lender will most likely require that you carry flood insurance in addition to your homeowners coverage.
Even if the property is outside of a federally designated special flood hazard area, flood coverage should be carefully considered.
Keep in mind that much of the recent storm damage to homes OUTSIDE of recognized special flood hazard zones was caused by rising water, which is NOT COVERED by standard homeowners insurance policies.